Maritime Spinal, Neck and Back Injuries
Dangerous maritime work in Texas, Louisiana and nationally often produces accidents and serious offshore injuries due to the negligence of others. Offshore work involves hazards that employees face every day — oil platform workers, commercial divers and barge workers among them.
If you have suffered a spinal, neck or back injury during rugged maritime work, and your job and livelihood are at stake while you recover — and your employer and its insurer are failing to acknowledge your plight — The Shelton Law Firm in Houston can aggressively protect your rights.
Our founding attorney Michael E. Shelton provides knowledgeable, experienced, aggressive representation when a life-changing maritime injury occurs, and a worker and his or her family are desperate for help. Prior to his career as a lawyer, Mr. Shelton's personal experience working on an oil rig gave him a unique understanding of the issues at play in cases involving the offshore, pipeline and construction industries.
A spinal, neck or back injury sustained in a maritime accident could mean expensive ongoing therapy for months, even years or a lifetime, severely endangering your future earning capacity. Contact The Shelton Law Firm for a free initial consultation at this toll-free number: 877-771-6139. You can also e-mail us.
We offer home and hospital visits for clients who are too injured to come to us, and a contingency fee basis for our work that requires no attorney fee unless we win your case.
40 Years of Service to Injured Workers ♦ A Reputation for Results
Serious and catastrophic injuries that occur during maritime work include:
- Head injury — from swinging pipes and booms, and falling equipment
- Back and neck injury — due to falls from unguarded balconies and unsecured ladders
- Spinal cord injury — causing nerve damage and permanent disability
- Severe burns — caused by malfunctioning safety equipment and combustible fumes in unventilated spaces, resulting in disfigurement and permanent disability
- Loss of limb — caused by cables under tension, mooring lines and winch drums, limbs crushed between barges, requiring prostheses and retraining
- Fatal injuries (wrongful death) — caused by falls, explosions, electrocutions and other accidents caused by negligence
When maritime spinal, neck and back injuries sideline you from your job and cause lost wages, medical bills, and pain and suffering, please contact The Shelton Law Firm. We have fought for justice for working people nationwide for 40 years. Our reputation for results during that time speaks for itself.